Parkminster offers on-on-one spiritual development through an experienced Christian friend (a mentor) who devotes special attention to an interested learner. A mentorship aims to help the learner to grow in Christ-likeness.
How Does a Mentorship Work?
- Any member may request a mentor.
- We match men with men and women with women.
- The first meeting is to get acquainted, including sharing about your faith journey and that of your mentor.
- Mentorships usually last a pre-determined period of time.*
*Our new members, for example, are asked to begin a mentorship that lasts one year.
What Do We Do During a Meeting?
Typically a meeting with your mentor may include:
- A quick review of what's been happening recently in your walk with Christ
- A short Bible stud
- Discussion and application of the scripture passage
IMPORTANT: Your mentor meeting is a discussion, not a lecture. You will be involved in setting the agenda for each discussion.
Who Can Be a Mentor?
You may be approached to be a mentor if you are:
- A mature believer rich in faith and interpersonal grace
- A church members trained by the Pastor and other mentors
- Easy to talk to and able to give credible examples
- Available to meet regularly for ongoing training
- Committed to confidentiality
Contact David Jackson if interested
Call the church office at 247-2424.